Welcome to the exciting world of kitchen counter decoration! In this video, you’ll learn about some different ways to decorate your kitchen countertop.
From classic items like vases and candles, to more creative ideas like decorative plates and paper towel holders, there’s something for everyone.
(Check out some of our favorite kitchen backsplash ideas to really get your cooking area popping!)
We love how these ideas can add both style and function to your space. So get ready to be inspired as you learn about all the different ways you can decorate your kitchen countertop.
- Kitchen Counter Decorating Ideas
- More kitchen countertop decor & accessorization ideas
Kitchen Counter Decorating Ideas
1. Basket It Up
Baskets can be every bit as decorative as they are useful. What you put in them is up to you. Did you want to load them up with fruit, whether it’s the real kind or plastic? When baskets are lined properly enough to do so, they can also make a great interior herb garden.
The beauty behind this concept is you have something decorative, aromatic, and edible coming from it that could very well become the kitchen’s main feature.
2. Canisters & Cookbooks
One of the most practical items for the kitchen counter aside from small appliances is canisters and cookbooks. Handy enough to just reach over and grab as needed, they also can be highly decorative.
Just as is the case with your favorite spice, so is the design option that best suits your personal style- we love the sparkling white quartz countertop!
If you’re looking for some inspiration when it comes to kitchen counter decoration, then check out the following video:
It features a variety of different ideas that you can use in your own kitchen. From cookware stations to coffee bars, there’s sure to be an idea that you’ll love. So take a look and see what you can come up with!
3. Contemporary Christmas
If you’re into celebrating Christmas and want a kitchen counter decor idea that steps away from something traditional, a contemporary layout as you get into the festive mood would be a good way to go about it.
You can even mix it up a little by adding a popular Christmas decor choice often referred to as Buffalo. That is where you see the influence of wildlife taking part in the festive season in objects like the cutting board.
4. Country Classics
Farmhouse kitchens were notorious for having a mix-up of decorative and useful items such as a handy cookbook nearby and the odd knick-knack so that the counter didn’t look so bare. If you’ve got a tiny kitchen- check out some of our favorite small kitchen design ideas!
5. Everyday Halloween
For fans of gothic decor, sometimes the kitchen counter isn’t exactly the easiest space to work with when it comes to setting the right scheme. Perhaps among decorators who like to change things up according to seasons and special occasions, the concept of a Halloween flair may seem appealing.
Even if one isn’t into goth or Halloween, the simplicity of white and black working off each other is enough to doll up the counter space in a manner that is stylish and practical at the same time.
6. Gingerbread Street
Going with the Christmas theme, the layout of gingerbread-related decor is bound to bring even the grouchiest characters into a festive spirit. Perhaps load up a cookie jar with gingerbread cookies, making sure there’s enough for everyone, including Santa should he happen to pay a visit.
7. Go Retro
If one is going for the retro kitchen look, one great option to set up the kitchen counter decor is to locate appliances that look like something from whatever era is of interest to you.
Nowadays, the trend of mixing today’s technology with the eras ranging from Victorian to even what was style just a decade ago has become a big part of people’s interest to best express their style in the home.
8. Plant It
Potted plants that are strategically laid out on the kitchen counter not only make it a great decor idea but an enhancement that has medical benefits as well. Whether it’s a herbal plant you can eat from or something meant for decorative purposes only, the improvement in air quality in the room will interestingly enough keep viral contaminants at bay.
Even the cleanest homes stand to gain a few extra points in the category of optimal health benefits by simply having even just a single plant calling the kitchen counter home.
Should one have a kitchen with a limited amount of counter and storage space, one way to make the most out of this problem is to look into the investment of stackable racks and shelves. Even the top of the microwave oven can serve as a little bit of extra counter space to place something on top of it that won’t cause any issues.
10. Sweet Valentine
For Valentine’s Day, or just because, going with a kitchen counter decor idea of heart-shaped items that are decorative and practical is one good way to show off the romantic side of you.
11. Ye Old Christmas
Not everybody celebrates Christmas the same way. While some go contemporary others go traditional. There are also some that want it as old school as it gets. For a kitchen counter decor idea that favors the holiday season with the flair of yesteryear, this is one design scheme that works wonders.
Between cookie jars and other objects, you should have no trouble rounding up a collection of decorative and practical items that can do the job.
More kitchen countertop decor & accessorization ideas
If your kitchen countertops are in need of a little refresh, then consider adding some new decor! It’s an easy and affordable way to give the space an updated look. Here are a few ideas for kitchen counter decor that will add both style and function to your space:
– Fruit baskets: A fruit basket is a great way to add a pop of color to your countertop and it’s also a healthy snack option!
– Herb gardens: Grow fresh herbs right on your countertop with a small herb garden. Not only will you have delicious herbs at your fingertips, but they’ll also look pretty in Mason jars or pots.
– Knife block: Keep your knives organized and within reach with a knife block. This is also a great way to add some decoration to your countertop.
– Cookie jars: A classic kitchen counter decor item, cookie jars can be used to store cookies, candy, or other treats. They also make a great decoration!
– Canisters: Canisters are perfect for storing all of your kitchen staples, like sugar, flour, and coffee. They also add a nice touch to your countertop.
– Soap dispenser: A soap dispenser is both practical and stylish. Choose one that matches the rest of your kitchen decor for a cohesive look.
– Spoon rest: A spoon rest is a must-have for any kitchen! It’s perfect for resting your cooking utensils while you’re working and it also adds a bit of decoration to your space.
– Utensil holder: Keep your cooking utensils organized and within reach with a utensil holder. This is also a great way to add some decoration to your countertop.
– Fake fruit sculptures: A fun and unique way to decorate your kitchen countertop, fake fruit sculptures add a bit of whimsy to the space.
– Oil and vinegar set: An oil and vinegar set is both practical and stylish. It’s perfect for dressing up salads or cooked dishes.
– Sink tray sponge holders: Keep your sponge and other cleaning supplies organized and within reach with a sink tray. This is also a great way to add some decoration to your countertop.
– Salt and pepper shakers: Add some flavor to your food with salt and pepper shakers. They’re also a necessary kitchen item, so why not make them part of your decor?
– Recipe books: If you love to cook, then display your favorite recipe books on your countertop. Not only will they be within reach when you need them, but they’ll also add a touch of decoration to your space.
– Lazy susan: A lazy susan is a great way to keep all of your spices and other small items within reach. It’s also a nice decoration for your countertop.
– Paper towel holder: A paper towel holder is a must-have in any kitchen. It’s perfect for keeping paper towels within reach and it also adds a bit of decoration to your space.
– Serving board: A serving board is a great way to display your favorite foods. It’s also a practical way to keep things organized on your countertop.
– Decorative plates: Decorative plates are a great way to add some color and style to your countertop. They can be used to display food or simply as decoration.
– Pitcher: A pitcher is a great way to add some decoration to your countertop. It can be used to hold water, iced tea, or other beverages.
– Vase: A vase is a classic kitchen counter decor item. Fill it with fresh flowers or use it as decoration.
– Candle: A candle is a great way to add some ambiance to your kitchen. It’s also a practical way to keep your countertop smelling fresh.
– Cutting board: A cutting board is a necessary kitchen item, so why not make it part of your decor? Choose one that is both stylish and functional.
These are just a few ideas for kitchen counter decor.
Whether you want to add some new flourishes or stick with the classics, there are plenty of ways to decorate your kitchen countertop.
With a little bit of creativity, you can create a space that is both stylish and practical. So get started today and see what you can come up with!
Create some stations on your countertop
One great way to add some decoration to your kitchen countertop is by creating stations. A station can be anything from a place to store your cookware to a spot for your coffee maker. It’s a great way to organize your space and it also adds some visual interest.
Here are a few ideas for kitchen countertop stations:
– Cookware station: If you love to cook, then create a station for your cookware. This is a great way to keep your pots and pans within reach and it also looks stylish.
– Coffee station: Check out some of our favorite coffee bar ideas– is a must-have for any coffee lover. It’s a great way to organize your coffee maker and other supplies.
– Baking station: A baking station is a great way to keep all of your baking supplies within reach. It’s also a stylish way to display your baking tools.
– Spice station: A spice station is a great way to keep all of your spices organized. It’s also a practical way to add some decoration to your countertop.
– Herb station: An herb station is a great way to keep fresh herbs within reach. It’s also a beautiful way to add some greenery to your kitchen.
Kitchen countertop styles
When it comes to kitchen countertops, there are many different styles to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something classic or something more modern, there’s sure to be a style that fits your taste. Here are just a few of the most popular styles:
- Marble: Marble countertops are a classic choice that will never go out of style. They’re perfect for both traditional and modern kitchens.
- Granite: Granite countertops are another classic option that is perfect for any kitchen. They come in a assortment of colors and patterns, so you’re sure to find one that fits your taste.
- Butcher block: Butcher block countertops are a great choice for those who love to cook. They’re durable and easy to maintain, making them perfect for busy kitchens.
- Quartz: Quartz countertops are a popular choice for modern kitchens. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can find one that fits your style.
- Solid surface: Solid surface countertops are a great choice for those who want a clean, modern look.
There are many ways to decorate your kitchen countertop. Whether you want to add some new flourishes or stick with the classics, there are plenty of options available to you. So get started today and see what you can come up with! You may be surprised at how much difference a little bit of decoration can make.
The kitchen is considered one of the most important rooms in the home for obvious reasons. This is where your fridge is located, which keeps the beverages cold and stores your food at temperatures to make it last longer.
Normally, this is where you have your coffee maker, microwave oven, and other appliances as these are simply part of the home package. Even if you don’t fancy yourself as a cook extraordinaire, odds are you are at least familiar with the microwave and probably the toaster.
As for the kitchen counter, what sort of decor ideas do you have in mind that works best for you? Are you into retro or are you fancying something that could pass as a futuristic Star Trek prop- we hope you loved some of our favorite styling options!
Hi, my name’s Elena Coolidge. I’m a DIY enthusiast who loves building fun woodworking plans. These DIY plans are fun hobby projects for enthusiasts or even more advanced builders that want to build things like bunk beds, end tables or even a duck box!