You can make a paper rose with your friends and family as a fun and easy craft project perfect for the upcoming holidays. Paper roses are also a great way to get children into arts and crafts.
Check out some of our favorite DIY paper rose plans:
19 DIY Paper Rose Plans
#1. DIY Giant Paper Rose
#2. DIY Easy Paper Rose
#3. Newspaper Paper Rose
#4. Gift Wrapped Paper Rose
#5. Giant DIY Paper Rose Flowers!
#6. Blue & Pink Paper Roses
#7. A Luscious Red
#8. Tissue Paper
#9. Tissue Paper Rose Ball
#10. Wanderlust Paper Roses
#11. Crepe Paper Rose
#12. Paper Rose Boutonnière
#13. How to Make A Full Boquet
#14. Easy Mini Paper Rose
#15. Easy Gorgeous Wall Hanging
#16. Recycled Paper Rose Boutonnieres
#17. How To Make Realistic Easy Paper Roses
#18. How To Make Realistic And Easy Paper Roses
#19. DIY – Rose Flower From Paper?
Our Own Guide
Did you know you can make paper roses through simple steps and come up with something beautiful? Paper roses are fun crafts that you will enjoy creating with just minimal requirements.
There are methods you can use to get the paper rose, and two of them include;
- Folding method
- Cutting method
Let us start with the folding method
- Construction paper (preferred color)
- An eraser
- A toothpick or two
- Hot glue gun
- Use a pair of scissors to shape the construction paper into four equal pieces, measuring 10cm by 10 cm.
- Please note that the 4 square pieces make just one rose flower; therefore, the more roses you need, the more construction paper squares.
- The next thing you should do is folding the square pieces diagonally. Press hard along the folds creating a secure triangle.
- You have to repeat this procedure with each of the papers to have four triangles.
- After this, fold one corner of the triangle towards the opposite side.
- The triangle base should face you and then bring the corner base to the middle of the other edge.
- The next thing you should do is bringing the remaining base corner over the first folded corner. This should run through the center of the piece.
- Repeat the process for all four pieces, and you should have four folded papers with three sharp points at one end and one at the other.
- At the sole point of each piece, draw the shape of a petal using a pencil.
- Using the scissors, cut the pieces along the drawn lines and use an eraser to rub any pencil traces on the paper.
- You must cut the sharp-pointed part of the petal-shaped paper approximately 1.3 cm from the edge.
- After this, you should have a flat base and a dome shape structure, and the process should be repeated for all the pieces.
- At this point, you are free to dispose of the remaining papers.
- The next thing should be unfolding the papers to reveal the flower-like shapes with holes at the center.
- Use a toothpick to wrap each petal, pressing to make them curly.
- You can then cut the petals from the pattern in a systemic manner.
- In the first one, cut a petal; in the second, cut one petal; in the third one, cut two petals; in the fourth one, cut three petals.
- The flowers will have 6 petals, 5 petals, 4 petals, and 3 petals in that order.
- The next thing you should do is gluing the ends of each piece to form a ring. You will notice that each piece gets smaller.
- Glue the single piece at the edges to come up with a cone shape.
- Cut another construction paper of the same color into a circular shape and glue the 6-petal flower at the base. It should be about 5cm.
- The next thing you should do is gluing the 5-petal piece at the center of the base and add the subsequent ones to come up with a rose flower.
- The cone-shaped petal should be placed at the center of the flower. The result should be flower-shaped.
- Let it air dry, and you have the paper rose ready.
It is also possible to make a DIY paper rose by cutting construction paper into desired shapes.
- Construction paper
- A pair of scissors
- Hot glue
The first step should be placing the construction paper onto the CD.
- The CD should be smooth-edged so that you can come up with a circle.
- You can draw a circle around paper around the CD line for better results.
- Next, you cut the round piece of paper into a spiral from the outside inwards.
- You can use decorative scissors to make the roses more beautiful.
- It would be best to use decorative scissors of different sizes to create roses of varying sizes.
- Use hot-glue to secure the pieces in place while folding them into shape.
- Leave the paper to dry and just like you have your simple DIY roses.
Why It Is Important to Make Paper Roses
Did you know that paper flowers can be great gifts? You can gift someone these paper flowers on different occasions.
For instance, they can be gifted during:
- Dinner party
- During baby showers
- Mother’s Day
- Valentine’s day
- Father’s Day
Paper flowers are remarkable gifts because they last forever when kept well. They do not wither.
Paper flowers can also be used for decorative purposes.
You can make several paper flowers and create beautiful centerpieces to use at the home, office, or any other space.
You should customize various colors to suit your specific need.
Benefits Of Engaging Kids in Paper Crafts As DIY Paper Roses
Making paper roses is one of the activities that you can engage your children or siblings.
You will not only enjoy having time with them but also enjoy the associated benefits.
Paper crafting is beneficial for kids in many ways
- This is a way of improving focus among children.
- This crafting work can also enhance creativity among children and teenagers.
- You can develop the motor skills of young children through this crafts work. Motor skills are essential but often ignored.
- It is also possible to develop life skills through such activities as well.
Making paper roses is simple and does not involve a lot of materials or time. You can use available materials to make a paper rose for decorative purposes or as a gift.
This craftwork is also essential for children as it helps in enhancing their life skills, motor skills, focus, and creativity.
Hi, my name’s Elena Coolidge. I’m a DIY enthusiast who loves building fun woodworking plans. These DIY plans are fun hobby projects for enthusiasts or even more advanced builders that want to build things like bunk beds, end tables or even a duck box!